lundi 1 novembre 2010

I BLAME SOCIETY.

"I think what I often see is that people are frightened of fashion, and that...because it scares them or it makes them feel insecure, they put it down. On the whole, people that say demeaning things...about our world, I think that's usually because they feel in some ways...excluded or, you know, not part of the cool group. So as a result, they just mock it. Just because you like to put on a beautiful Carolina Herrera dress...or a, I don't know, pair of J Brand blue jeans that, you know, instead of something basic from K-Mart, it doesn't mean that you're a dumb person. There is something about fashion that can make people very nervous." Anna Wintour  

 

Ok, this is going be a fashion post for sure. I have always been very much inspired by fashion design and I would like to focus here on few things that really caught my attention lately. First of all, Ive been totally blown away by Anita Quansah's work. Her necklaces are like the most exquisite thing ive seen in AGES. This is so beautiful, full of details and colors. Her subtil Robert John Thornton inspiration works so well with the oriental feeling in her composition. She has been working to develop and promote recycled textile (oh, great). And, last but not least, she has collaborated with one my all time fav designer, Christian Lacroix. I am so sad when I think about Lacroix bankruptcy. He was (and still is) such a great artist.

 

I mean I cannot even describe how close to perfection he is. He even dares to put big earrings with a white wedding dress. Perfect match for a future classy chola married woman. Oh I would love to spend few days in Paris, in the hostel he designed. It is so beautiful, refined and darkly romantic of course.


 

 I would love to relax in one of these bedrooms, listenning to Jex Thoth and trying to draw Sung Jin Kim's beyond-words painting.

   

 His last runway was stunning. Even more when we know he has no money to do it and managed to get free materials to create the whole collection. He closed Lacroix story with his natural elegancy. 

 

I can't help myself posting these wonderful pictures to close this post. I know everybody has posted them but... it is like the most amazing fashion pictures ive seen so far. The Russian influence, the Lacroix inspiration, the witch face... so many things that I love. Lamija Suljevic is lovely ♥. and Holly Fulton ♥ 

 

 

"It's almost like old film that's faded. I love when it goes soft and even sometimes if there's movement, there's a little blur on things. But I don't know. Everybody seems to like things pin-sharp these days. I think it's a shame." Grace Coddington (Creative Director)

 
 
Copyright © Sweetheart.
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com